Stats and Facts:
- 78CI Incline Four Motor
- When you bought a 1938 in ’38, Indian was owned by DuPont. You could pick whatever custom colors you wanted the bike to be painted, this one is DuPont deluxe black / yellow.
- This bike was bought at the Mecum auction in 2016 in Las Vegas.
- This bike features the original frame, original sheet metal, original motor – all matching numbers.
- 1938 Four is probably the most iconic of the Fours, mainly because of its awesome look.
- This was the first year that Indian had a full dashboard.
- The problem with all of these bikes is that the 2 rear cylinders struggled to cool because it’s an inline motor.